YourHelpCounts Foundation has tied up with “Stop Hunger Now” for a meal-packaging event to help with eradication of hunger among school children.
Take Action & Make a Difference
Date of Event: 2/25/2017 Start Time: 2:00 PM
Location of Event: SHN Warehouse
3200 Wellington Court Suite 112
Raleigh, NC 27615 Phone: (919) 839-0689
Child Hunger Facts
- Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five – 3.1 million children each year. Source: The Lancet, Series on Maternal and Child Nutrition, 2013
- Nearly 50 percent of people living in extreme poverty are 18 years old or younger. Source: UNICEF, Progress for Children, Beyond Averages: Learning from the MDGs, Number 11, 2015
- The poorest 20 percent of the world’s children are about twice as likely as the richest 20 percent to be stunted by poor nutrition and to die before their fifth birthday. Source: UNICEF, Progress for Children, Beyond Averages: Learning from the MDGs, Number 11, 2015
- 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world, with 23 million in Africa alone. Source: WFP, Two Minutes to Learn About School Meals 2012
- The first 1,000 days of a child’s life, from pregnancy through age two, are critical. A proper diet in this period can protect children from the mental and physical stunting that can result from malnutrition. Source: UN Inter‑agency Group for Child Mortality Estimation, Levels & Trends in Child Mortality Report 2011
- Approximately 792.5 million people in the world do not get the food they need to live a healthy life. That is nearly one out of every nine people on earth. That figure is down 167 million over the past decade and is 216 million less than in 1990-1992. Source: 2016 FAO Stats
- School Meals Boost Attendance Rates, Academic Success.
About “Stop Hunger Now”
Stop Hunger Now gets food and life-saving aid to the world’s most vulnerable people, and works to end global hunger in our lifetime. Established in 1998, they have provided over 225 million meals in 74 countries. They are based in Raleigh, N.C., and operate throughout the U.S. and through affiliates in developing countries.
About “YourHelpCounts Foundation”
YourHelpCounts Foundation is non-profit organization based out of Cary, North Carolina with mission of “Working with communities to end child illiteracy and hunger.” We are always looking for Volunteers, Donors, and Ideas to help with our mission.